Thursday, August 28, 2008

Whirl Magazine

Have you seen any recent print editions of Whirl Magazine?

Whirl is a Pittsburgh magazine about the people and their places here in the Pittsburgh region. Their places include their homes (!), their restaurants, their sporting events and their social events.

Oh, social events.

As a structure with a foundation, I don't get out to many social events; and being a small house in a working-class neighborhood, my owners down through the decades haven't hosted many soiree's. They've enjoyed their single-malts, cabernets and pale ales, but only with a few select friends at a time. So the odd magazine left in my rooms have been my sole entre into the greater world of glamour, fashion, haute couture and other houses with more than six rooms.

Ah, that's the thing that caught my eye: Whirl has tons of advertisements showcasing my larger, more recent or more presentable brethren. "Residential communities", like the Village at Palmer Place, on up to $1.8M mansions of Shadyside. I'm able to dream beyond my single dormer roof, beyond my single central staircase, beyond my gravel driveway. :-)

..HF.

No comments: