Friday, November 21, 2008

Been Here Before

Have you ever?

Have you ever looked through your rooms for that little scuffling noise? I do it all the time. There it is. No, it's over there! Oh, I hear it upstairs!

I wonder how cold it is outside? That's when the scuffling really begins. Porous foundations lead to little visitors entering a house just when the mercury drops. What do I want to do with those scuffling noises?

Why, find where my owner put his little scuffling-noise traps. They snap! and they crack! and put an end, with a bit of peanut butter on the tongue-of-death, to those scuffling noises.

Ahh, silence on a winter night. No more scuffling noises. I'll sit back, on my fieldstone foundation here on the hill and await the sounds of Saint Nick clamboring about on the roofing tiles.

..HF.

No comments: