Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Feel Like a Frog Prince Sometimes

He was here briefly twice: once two weeks ago to give the lawn a final cutting before fall set in, and again last night, to sweep the leaves off the steps before today's rain kicked in.

But, my for-sale sign is still blank, my rooms still bare, my thermostat set low: in short, he does the bare necessities, but what is he doing to ensure a loving future for me? I've said this before, I'll say it again: I wanna human family living inside me - kids, dogs, parents - people to use me as a house is intended to be used.

I wonder if I'd get more love if I moved to California? Can a house do that?

I've never felt more like the proverbial frog prince - not so much obscure, but just another unselected bachelor amongst millions.

..HF.

No comments: