Friday, September 19, 2008

Far From You

Dear house,

Here I sit, on the bank of the Mon and Allegheny confluence. I should
be working on my Wu taiji, I should be paddling about these waters as
I'd been planning all morning, I should be working on plans for
getting you shipshape for your next family.

But, no, instead I sit here listening to the minimalist waves lap the shore, watch the mallards stand and flap and preen, watch vehicular traffic make use of the wonderful Pittsburgh bridges, view Hilton, Highmark, Ariba, UPMC, PNC, United Steelworkers and Federated adorn the tops of relatve skyscrapers, and dream of ways to get out on that wonderful water without putting more rotomolded plastic or form-fitted fiberglass where it doesn't belong.

Latis just cruised by, a 30-foot cruiser, but she's not the answer. I know the answer lies somewhere between my brain and the water ... I've just gotta find that middle ground.

..owner.

No comments: