Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend Work for You

Owner, it's the weekend.

Podcamp Pittsburgh 3 is still a month away, and the Introduction to Social Media sessions at Northland Public Library can wait another 7 days.

You, there, owner. You had fun on the shores of the rivers yesterday, and you're not at work servicing clients, drafting documents and padding the company's bottom line with sales and service fees. You're at home, so do some work on me!

I like the changes to my cover page at houseforlorn.com, but it's time to get off the computer, down on your hands and knees, or up on a ladder and work on me! Clean my windows, scrub my floors, vacuum my floors and carpets, pick up those newspapers (where do they all come from???), pick up those clothes and throw them into the washer! Clean, clean, clean! Quick, while the kid is with the grandparents, while you don't have social media obligations, while the sun is shining and the clouds are at bay!

Get out there and cut the grass. No, it needs no fertilizer or other lawn-care products...just a little T.L.C. Cut the grass, trim the hedges, clean up the pre-fall leaves, sweep the walks...anything to work up a sweat!

In other words, enjoy the weekend. Fortunately, I know you're not a sports nut, so you won't be facing the boob-tube all weekend...but get out there and clean me!

..HF.

No comments: