Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Skyline View I'm Not Graced With...



...But I love my environs, nonetheless.

Are you happy where your foundation sits? I don't talk to a lot of other houses, but my foundation has been pretty well settled for about the last century, and I'm happy to sit on the side of this hill, looking down upon a valley of other houses and a local rail line.

Much like Thomas the Tank Engine and his co-horts, a troup of five switcher engines pull coal cars up and down that rail line several times a day.

Just as the kids of Our Gang ran around playing games, hooting and hollering, kids play around me, year in and year out.

Time lapse photography shows us how action continues around immovable objects - snow falls and melts, leaves bud, leaf out, brown and fall, and humans eat, sleep, love and wash laundry through my rooms...

...and still I remain. Looking not out upon the wonderful skyline of the city that sits just fourteen miles West of me, but upon the people, animals and plants who live around me.

..HF.

No comments: