Monday, September 15, 2008

This Man is Crazy!

How do I mean crazy? How, you ask, can I, a mere house, presume to
gauge the mental state of my owner?

Easy, I say.

First, yesterday he was here cutting grass, and the temp was nearly 90
degrees F. and nearly 100% humidity. Crazy, I tell you, crazy.

Second, he's not spending all his spare time and resources cleaning me
up and correcting my problems for the next owner. Instead, he works a
job way far away (well, okay, 14 miles to downtown Pittsburgh is
really quite close, as the car drives), spends time studying Tai Chi
with his long-time teacher and friend, Sifu Tolbert, spends way too
much time with the various segments of his family... and, to add
insult to injury, is now pondering the ups and downs of devoting time
to learning more of Pennsylvania's waterways atop a kayak.

A kayak? And he's not crazy?

Not just any kayak, of course... Not a nice plastic, fiberglass or
skin-covered baidarka, but he's contemplating building something out
of locally-grown bamboo for the frame and using plastic bottles for
floatation. How the heck is that supposed to work?

Let's wait and find out. :-)

..HF.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: