Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Power Outage is a Great Time to Re-group

He is at work, not bugging me here. 

I enjoyed the rain this morning, the precursive rolling thunder, the rain itself pitter-patting on my shingled head, dripping down through my gutters, soaking the soil 'round me, reviving the foliage.

His work today enjoyed an lengthy power outage, while I enjoyed humming systems.

The saving grace for him was his iPhone, tied to the wireless web and able to access e-mail and internet, while even the Cisco IP telephones were laid low.  While everyone else scattered to their home neighborhoods, he stayed in the building, enjoying the solace, the darkness...and a rare chance to raid his boss' bookshelf, where he found Seth Godin's "Purple Cow".

I'm seeking to be the purple cow of blogs.  I mean, how many houses are blogging out there?

Is this a new idea?  Shall we join forces? 

Perhaps together we can get renters out there, the world 'round, to notice how many houses want owners.  New houses, old houses, we're all the same:  we just want to be loved, not just lived in by people who could care less about upkeep, about trimming the grass, about washing the windows.

Have you tried Ning?  Is that the right place for houses to congregate?  Check out my Ning site.  How to improve it?  How to purple cow it?   :-)

..HF.

No comments: